Thursday, February 14, 2013

An Exciting Announcement!

I have an exciting announcement to share with all of our blog readers!  Beginning this month, you will have not one- but TWO!- staff members in the Youth Department!  In order to have more time at home with my new little boy, I'm going to be going part-time at the library and participating in a job share arrangement with another one of our employees.  You might recognize Michelle Swane's cheerful face if you've visited the front desk at our Ironton library before...

Meet Michelle!

and now, she's going to be working in the Youth Department with me, providing all sorts of fun programs for kids from birth through age eighteen.  And two librarians in the Department means more great stuff for our patrons- more outreach story times, more frequent programs for grade-schoolers, and more opportunities to host library tours (not to mention more fun, glitter, and glue!).

So, how does a job share work?  Well, basically, Michelle will be working the first half of the week (those of you who regularly attend story time on Mondays and Tuesdays will see her!), while I'll be working the last half (Thursdays and Fridays).  We'll both alternate Wednesday shifts.  And in the summer, you'll get to see both of us, since summer programming is such a mixed bag of times and locations.

I hope you'll all help me welcome Michelle to the Youth Department- I can't wait for you to meet her and for her to meet all of the wonderful families and kids I've felt privileged to see every week! :)

Keep reading!

Shaen

No comments:

Post a Comment