Monday, December 16, 2013

Patron Poetry!

We have another great patron contribution to the blog today (just in time to get you in the mood for all this wintry weather we're having)- an original poem written by Brianne Cooper!  You can find the text of her poem below, in italics:


Huzzah for Brianne!  We love our young readers and writers here at the library!



On a Cold, Blustery Evening
By Brianne Cooper

On a cold, blustery evening,
I see footprints in the snow.
The footprints of a large animal,
I can tell by how deep they go.
The footprints, I think,
Of a deer must be.
I hear a crunch,
I turn to see,
The leaver of the footprints
Staring at me.
There was the deer,
A buck, with points numbering ten.
A prize most sought
After by men,
But tonight he has nothing to fear
This most cold, blustery evening of the year.

Keep reading!

Shaen

No comments:

Post a Comment