Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quotability #1

"Tell me what you read and I'll tell you who you are" is true enough, but I'd know you better if you told me what you reread.  ~François Mauriac

So, here's a quote for the day for you to mull over.  It got me thinking about those books I consider literary comfort food and come back to on rainy days: Anne of the Island, Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quartet, the Oz books, among others.  These novels delighted me as a kid for the fresh, new worlds they created in my mind, and today, I find myself enjoying them just as much for their great writing and universal themes. 

What books do you find yourself coming back to again and again?  What do you love (or just find fascinating) about these stories?  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Keep reading!


Shaen

No comments:

Post a Comment