Monday, December 12, 2011

Wrapping up Fall Story Time 2011: The Four Seasons

I can hardly believe that 2011 is almost over, but I just finished up the tenth and final week of Fall Story Time programming this past week.  From September to December, we held a total of 111 programs and had a final attendance of 1157 kids!  I think that's cause for celebration, and I just want to thank all you parents, daycare leaders, teachers, and kids for supporting your local library!  We couldn't do what we do without YOU.

Now, we're on hiatus until spring programming starts up in mid-February (the week of February 20th, to be exact.  Keep watching this blog for more details, or check the front desk of your local library sometime in the next few weeks).

What to do while you're waiting for story time to return?  Why not try having story time at home?  Beginning in January, I'll be posting some simple ideas you can try out from the comfort of your own kitchen or living room.  Each story time program will include several book suggestions, a game or song idea, and instructions for a craft using items you probably already own.  A lot of the themes will likely focus on travel, as I have oodles of fun ideas left over from last summer's "One World, Many Stories" program that I didn't get a chance to try out.

Keep reading!

Shaen

No comments:

Post a Comment